GRAND TOUR OF TURKEY
13 days from Istanbul to Istanbul
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Gallipoli, Canakkale, Troy, Izmir, Kusadasi, Pamukkale, Agzikarahan Caravanserai, Konya, Rock Chapels in Göreme, Ankara, King Midas’ Tomb in Gordion, Bursa
- Pamukkale´s cotton castle
- Local Guide for city sightseeing in Istanbul. Professional Tour Director while touring
A country of many contrasts, Turkey is a unique crossroads between Europe and Asia. Begin in Istanbul—a vibrant city of mosques, markets, and historic buildings of Byzantium Constantinople fame—and drive along the Sea of Marmara to Gallipoli on the European side of the Dardanelles. Visit the World War I battle site, then ferry across to Asia Minor. Take time to visit the remains of Homer’s legendary Troy, then motor through forested countryside to Kusadasi, famous for the Ephesus archaeological site. Continue through the “Greek Meander,” the most fertile region in Turkey. Stop in Pamukkale with the ancient site of Hierapolis and spend the night in the Denizli area. By way of Konya, stop at the great 13th-century Agzikarahan caravanserai, then to Göreme for an included visit to the amazing rock chapels carved by early Christians. Arrive in Turkey’s capital of Ankara. From here, travel into the kingdom of Phrygia to Gordion. Visit King Midas’ tomb before continuing to Bursa, famous for its great mosque, covered bazaar, and silk market. Return to Istanbul and be sure to catch the unforgettable sight of the Bosporus at dusk.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. In the evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. ISTANBUL Grand Halic (F).
Drive along the Sea of Marmara to Gallipoli on the European side of the Dardanelles. Time to visit the ANZAC CEMETERY and the site of a bloody World War I battle. Then, a short FERRY crossing to Asia Minor. Overnight in Canakkale. (B,D) ISTANBUL Grand Halic (F).
First, a visit to the remains of Homer’s legendary TROY. South to the lovely Bay of Edremit with distant views of the island of Lesbos. Through forests of pine, oak, and valonia, head for Izmir, where an orientation drive includes the KARSIYAKA DISTRICT. From here, it’s not far to your hotel in Kusadasi. (B,D) CANAKKALE Iris Hotel (F).
Enjoy your charming modern resort, located between ancient Ephesus and Priene and blessed with a delightful climate and white sandy beaches. Optional excursions to the Roman/Greek archaeological site of Ephesus and to the Virgin Mary House are available. (B) KUSADASI Grand Onder (F).
Once past Aydin, you enter what is known as the “Greek Meander,” the most fertile region in Turkey. Make a first stop this morning for optional sightseeing of the ancient site of APHRODISIAS scattered around the village of Geyre. From the town of Denizli, drive north to view the extraordinary sight of Pamukkale with the ancient site of HIERAPOLIS. Overnight in the Denizli area. (B,D) KUSADASI Grand Onder (F).
Eastwards to Dinar and then past Lake Acigöl, surrounded by cherry gardens and opium fields. Later, splendid mountain scenery on the way to Konya. (B,D) DENIZLI AREA Herakles (ST) at Pamukkale.
Continue eastward into the great central plateau that separates Konya from Cappadocia, taking a break at the great AGZIKARAHAN CARAVANSERAI. After arrival in Göreme, an included afternoon excursion to the amazing ROCK CHAPELS carved by early Christians. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B,D) KONYA Pasapark (F).
Optional sightseeing in the spectacular Cappadocia area. Admire the large natural AMPHITHEATER bounded by almost-vertical cliffs into which have been hewn monastic buildings, churches, and underground retreats where early Christians sheltered from Roman persecution. (B,D) CAPPADOCIA Altinyazi (ST).
North today by way of Aksaray to Ankara. Enjoy an orientation drive of the Turkish capital. Afternoon optional excursions are available to see some of the capital’s highlights. (B,D) CAPPADOCIA Altinyazi (ST).
From Ankara into the ancient kingdom of Phrygia to Gordion where, according to legend, Alexander the Great cut the proverbial knot. Visit KING MIDAS' TOMB. On to historic Bursa in the shadow of the Olympus of Mysia, famous for its Great Mosque, covered bazaar, and silk market. (B,D) ANKARA Radisson Blu (F).
A morning drive to the shores of the Sea of Marmara, then take a ferry across the Bay of Izmit to Istanbul. This afternoon, enjoy the included sightseeing with visits to the ROMAN HIPPODROME and the BLUE MOSQUE. Tonight, take advantage of the optional dinner outing in Istanbul. (B) BURSA Almira (F).
Markets, peddlers, and stalls selling almonds, pistachios, iced drinks, and black coffee—you’ll find this vigorous city irresistible. The view of the city at dusk with its 600 mosques and the Bosporus is unforgettable. Optional possibilities are a morning excursion by private boat on the Bosporus and in the afternoon, the “Historical Tour of Istanbul.” (B) BURSA Almira (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1449 per person
- Child Price: USD 1305 per person
Single room supplement: $380
No triple room reduction.
Istanbul Arrival Transfer Istanbul, Turkey - Atatürk International Airport:
$25.00 per person
Istanbul Departure Transfer Istanbul, Turkey - Atatürk International Airport:
$25.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 8 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 8 dinners
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Istanbul Arrival Istanbul, Turkey - Atatürk International Airport - 24 hours daily
Istanbul Departure Istanbul, Turkey - Atatürk International Airport - 24 hours daily
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
You might find some useful information here:
* NOTE: Please check visa requirements with your local consulate(s); responsibility for obtaining visas rests with the traveler.
December 21 Departure – New Year's "Reveillon" dinner in Istanbul.
Some links to related information: