THE BEST OF GREECE
10 Day Tour from Athens to Athens
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Epidaurus, Nauplia, Sparta, Mystra, Olympia, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora
- Peloponnese, Mount Parnassus, Arcadian Mountains, Corinth Canal, Rion-Antirion Bridge
- Local Guides for city sightseeing in Athens and Mycenae. Professional Tour Director while touring
Discover the best of historic and mythical Greece. Begin your vacation with two nights in Athens and guided sightseeing that includes the amazing ancient Acropolis as well as time at leisure. Cross the Corinth Canal and marvel at the perfect acoustics of the Epidaurus Theater and at the remains of the Mycenae fortress. Visit Sparta and Olympia, the legendary home of the Olympic Games, then cross the spectacular Rion-Antirion Bridge and spend time in mythical Delphi. Marvel at the extraordinary rock-top Meteora monasteries before returning to Athens.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to start exploring the Greek capital. Later, meet your Tour Director. ATHENS Golden Age (F).
An opportunity to see island life from the cruise ship on the optional three-island cruise, visiting Aegina, Poros, and Hydra. Poros is a lush island with a maze of narrow streets. Aegina is the main producer of pistachio nuts in Greece, while Hydra is home to a large artist community and where beautiful boutiques line the scenic harbor. (B) ATHENS Golden Age (F).
Join the included sightseeing tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of this ancient capital with a visit to the ACROPOLIS. Next, west to the CORINTH CANAL. Journey into the Argolis to stop in EPIDAURUS, located in the hilly countryside dotted with pine trees and oleanders. In this magnificent setting you’ll visit the OPEN-AIR THEATER that can still seat 14,000 spectators. Head for the coast and overnight in Nauplia. (B) ATHENS Golden Age (F).
This morning, enjoy the included excursion with a Local Guide to Mycenae, a city fortress cursed by the gods but rich in gold and warrior kings. Motor south in the afternoon deep into the Peloponnese to Sparta for an overnight. (B,D) NAUPLIA Rex (ST) or Victoria (ST).
Your morning highlight will be the included sightseeing of the medieval BYZANTINE CITADEL OF MYSTRA, at one time known as the “Florence of the East.” In the afternoon, drive to Olympia. (B,D) SPARTA Maniatis (ST).
Focus on Olympia, where the athletes of antiquity performed in honor of the king of deities. Learn more about the history of the Olympic Games on the optional sightseeing tour. In the afternoon, drive north to Patras, the capital of the Peloponnese and the west coast’s largest port. Then, proceed via the spectacular RION-ANTIRION BRIDGE through the picturesque fishing villages along the south coast of the mainland to mythical Delphi. (B) OLYMPIA Olympion Asty (F).
Optional morning sightseeing of the archaeological site in Delphi. Once called the “Navel of the Earth,” Delphi was the greatest Oracle of the ancient world, where people flocked to seek advice. Now, it’s one of the grandest sights in Greece; its theater and Temple of Apollo still stand in their lovely natural setting. In the afternoon, drive north by way of Lamia and on to Trikala in Thessaly for an overnight in Kalambaka. (B,D) DELPHI Apollonia (F).
A short drive to Meteora, which is a cluster of MONASTIC BUILDINGS perched in an unforgettable manner on a set of rising rock formations. Your included visit is certainly the day’s highlight. Later, drive south to Athens for an overnight. Why not join the optional Greek dinner? (B) KALAMBAKA Antoniadis (ST).
A full day at leisure to explore the unseen parts of the city, do last-minute shopping, or maybe even join an optional excursion. (B) ATHENS Golden Age (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) ATHENS Golden Age (F).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1529 per person
- Child Price: USD 1377 per person
Single room supplement: $450
No triple room reduction.
Athens Arrival Transfer Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport:
$25.00 per person
Athens Departure Transfer Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport:
$25.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 3 dinners
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Athens Arrival Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport - 24 hours daily
SET TRANSFER AT 8:30am, 10:00am, 11:00am, 1:30pm, 3:00pm, 5:00pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm
Athens Departure Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport - 24 hours daily
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
Some links to related information: