8 Day Tour from Milan to Lake Maggiore
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Milan, Parma, Pavia, Vigevano, Como
- Lombardy plain, Cinque Terre, Lake Maggiore
- Local Guides for city sightseeing in Parma, San Vitale Castle of Fontanellato, Meli Lupi Fortress of Soragna, Genoa. Professional Tour Director while touring.
Experience the sites and landmarks of northern Italy, starting in Milan, one of the world’s fashion capitals and home to the splendid baroque Duomo. Enjoy excursions to San Vitale Castle in Fontanellato, an enchanting, moat-lined medieval fortress; Parma, where you’ll have a walking orientation tour with a chance to taste Parmesan cheese at the fascinating Museum of Parmigiano Reggiano; Cinque Terre with its rugged cliffs and romantic fishing villages; and Genoa, the largest medieval historical center in Europe. On the way to Lake Maggiore, where your northern Italy vacation ends, stop in Pavia and Vigevano, where you’ll see its castle and arcades.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel in the Milan area. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. MILAN AREA Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station (F) or Holiday Inn Express (ST) at Malpensa.
Your adventure begins with a morning visit of Milan and the opportunity to see the awe-inspiring Duomo. One of the largest cathedrals in the world, this gothic structure took nearly 500 years to complete. Later, drive through the Lombardy plain and cross the Po River to Parma. Upon arrival, join your Local Guide for a walking tour that features the city’s Duomo, San Giovanni Evangelista Church with its Benedictine convent and ancient 13th-century grocery, and the octagonal pink marble BAPTISTRY (entrance fees included). (B) MILAN AREA Holiday Inn Garibaldi Station (F) or Holiday Inn Express (ST) at Malpensa.
First stop is San Vitale Castle at Fontanellato, an enchanting, moat-ringed medieval fortress. The castle is celebrated for its masterpiece by Parmigianino—a ceiling fresco depicting the myth of Diana and Actaeon. Next, visit the MELI LUPI FORTRESS of Soragna, and admire the castle’s lavish baroque frescoes, paintings, and furnishings. From here, continue to the fascinating MUSEUM OF PARMIGIANO REGGIANO, turned famous with the export of its Parmesan cheese. Taste this local specialty before returning to your hotel for an overnight. (B,D) PARMA NH (F).
Enjoy wonderful scenery as you cross the Apennines to La Spezia, a small city with a rich naval heritage. A short TRAIN RIDE reveals spectacular views of the Cinque Terre, where the beauty of the rugged cliffs and romantic fishing villages once inspired poet Lord Byron. If accessible, you can walk along the famous Sentiero dell’Amore (Path of Love), a breathtaking trail carved into the rocks that affords dramatic sea views (conditions permitting). Continue to Genoa. (B,D) PARMA NH (F).
This morning, your Local Guide will introduce you to the city that has grown around the port, a natural inlet, and boasts the largest medieval historical center in Europe. The rest of the day is at leisure—why not join an exciting optional excursion? (B) GENOA Starhotels President (F).
Today, visit two more “pearls” of Italy’s cultural heritage. First stop is Pavia, the Roman “Ticinum” and capital of the Lombard kings from the 6th century. On to Vigevano to admire beautiful PIAZZA DUCALE. Its castle and arcades preserve remains of early renaissance decorations. Arrive in the scenic area of Lake Maggiore, where you will spend the next two nights. (B) GENOA Starhotels President (F).
Inspiring everyone from Roman senators and world-famous composers to Hollywood actors, Como is the very embodiment of the magnificent Italian lake district. Its cobalt-blue waters are encircled by majestic mountains, lush gardens, and grand villas. Also available is an optional boat trip on the lake, to see some of the most scenic surroundings in all of Italy. (B,D) LAKE MAGGIORE Simplon (F).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning (the nearest airport is Milan Malpensa). (B) LAKE MAGGIORE Simplon (F).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1559 per person
- Child Price: USD per person
Single room occupancy is not currently available online for this vacation.
If desired, please contact us to request.
Triple room occupancy is not available for this vacation.
Milan Arrival Transfer Milan Malpensa Intercontinental Airport :
$25.00 per person
Milan Departure Transfer Milan Malpensa Intercontinental Airport :
$25.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfast; 3 dinners
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfast; 3 dinners
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Milan Arrival Milan Malpensa Intercontinental Airport - 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
SET TRANSFERS AT 7:00am, 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm & 5:30pm
Milan Departure Milan Malpensa Intercontinental Airport - 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
Some information to download about destination and related activities :
Some links to related information: