DIXIELAND & RHYTHMS
11 Day Tour from Chicago to New Orleans
- In Chicago, Nashville, and New Orleans; orientation tours in St. Louis and Memphis; Gateway Arch, Country Music Hall of Fame, RCA Studios, reserved premier seating at the Grand Ole Opry, Graceland, and boat cruise through the Atchafalaya Basin. Inside visits as shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description, including admission charges where applicable.
- Mississippi River, Cajun Country, and Louisiana Bayou Country.
- Services of a professional Tour Director; Local Guide for sightseeing in New Orleans.
The beautiful South comes alive on this wonderful vacation. Start in Chicago with leisure time to get acquainted with the city. See the famous landmarks on an included sightseeing tour before heading south to St. Louis, Missouri, the “Gateway to the West.” On your St. Louis tour, take a trip to the top of the towering Gateway Arch. Then, cross the Mississippi River to Nashville, Tennessee, home of country music! A sightseeing tour shows you Nashville’s most famous sites, including the recording studios on Music Row, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and legendary RCA Studio B, once the recording home of Elvis Presley. No vacation to Nashville is complete without a visit to the Grand Ole Opry, and you have reserved premier seating for a Grand Ole Opry show! Travel to Memphis, “Home of the Blues,” a city with a distinct Southern flair. Enjoy an orientation tour and visit Graceland, Elvis Presley’s grand estate. On to New Orleans for a for a guided tour that includes the French Quarter landmarks, St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, and a visit to the unique above-ground cemetery. Hop on the AMTRAK City of New Orleans train, and pass cotton fields and catfish ponds on the way to Louisiana. Cruise through the waterways of Atchafalaya Basin, where you may spot alligators, before arriving in New Orleans for the conclusion of your Southern vacation.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Welcome to the “Windy City.” Enjoy time at leisure to relax or to do some independent exploring. Your Tour Director is on hand this evening to answer any questions. CHICAGO Essex Inn (MF).
Included sightseeing shows off the city’s landmarks, then an afternoon at leisure. Maybe ride the elevator to the top of Willis Tower, formerly known as the Sears Tower, stroll in Grant Park, or cruise on the Chicago River. Tonight, how about dinner on Navy Pier with its delightful shops and restaurants? CHICAGO Essex Inn (MF).
Travel across the fertile Illinois farmlands to St. Louis, “Gateway to the West.” An orientation tour includes a trip to the top of the GATEWAY ARCH, which commemorates the city’s key role in westward expansion. Visit the museum under the Arch, celebrating Lewis & Clark’s famous expedition 200 years ago. CHICAGO Essex Inn (MF).
Recross the Mississippi River today and roll southeast to Paducah on the Ohio River. Late-afternoon arrival in Nashville. (CB) ST. LOUIS Drury Inn Union Station (ST).
Start the day with a sightseeing tour of Nashville’s famous landmarks and the Music Row recording studios. Tour historic RCA STUDIO B, cradle of the “Nashville Sound” in the 1960s and where stars such as Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley, Eddy Arnold, Willie Nelson, and the Everly Brothers recorded many of their biggest hits. Afterward, visit the COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME with its glittering costumes, rare instruments, and Elvis’ “solid-gold” Cadillac! Tonight, enjoy reserved premier seating for a show at the world-famous GRAND OLE OPRY, a mecca for country musicians. NASHVILLE The Inn at Opryland (MF).
Cross Tennessee to Memphis, “Home of the Blues” and a city with a distinct Southern flavor. Enjoy an orientation tour on arrival. Join the optional excursion to Sun Studio, where rock ‘n’ roll was first recorded, followed by dinner at a local restaurant. NASHVILLE The Inn at Opryland (MF).
A good portion of the day is devoted to GRACELAND, Elvis Presley’s beautiful estate. Your platinum audio tour focuses on the splendid garden, private plane, and the opulent 15,000-square-foot mansion. Return to Memphis mid-afternoon. Tonight you may want to visit a blues club on famous Beale Street. MEMPHIS Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown (MF).
Providing the locomotion for today’s journey through the state of Mississippi and into the Mississippi River Delta is the CITY OF NEW ORLEANS, the famous train of story and song. Pass cotton fields and catfish ponds as the train enters Louisiana. In Hammond, leave the train and board a motorcoach for the short drive into the heart of Cajun Country to Lafayette, first settled by French-Acadian farmers expelled from Nova Scotia by the British in the 1700s. MEMPHIS Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown (MF).
On to St. Martinville to see the famous oak tree from Longfellow’s poem, Evangeline, then CRUISE the swampy waterways of the Atchafalaya Basin. Watch for alligators basking on the banks. Cross Bayou Country to New Orleans. (B) LAFAYETTE Ramada Lafayette Conference Center (F) LAFAYETTE Ramada Lafayette Conference Center (F).
A full morning dedicated to the sights and sounds of New Orleans, with a guided tour that includes the French Quarter landmarks, St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, and a visit to a unique above-ground cemetery. The rest of the day is free. NEW ORLEANS Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter (MF).
The trip ends today with guests departing on individual schedules. Transfers to the New Orleans International Airport are included. NEW ORLEANS Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter (MF).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 1779 per person
- Child Price: USD 1602 per person
Single Room Supplement:
Triple Room Reduction per person:
Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Chicago Arrival Transfer Chicago O'Hare International Airport:
$31.00 per person
Chicago Midway Airport:
$26.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $500.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- 1 breakfast, 1 continental breakfast
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEAL: 1 breakfast, 1 continental breakfast
* TRANSPORTATION: AMTRAK® City of New Orleans train from Memphis to Hammond; private, deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while touring.
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS: Chicago Arrival Chicago O'Hare International Airport - 4:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Chicago Midway Airport - 4:00 AM - 10:30 PM
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
Some information to download about destination and related activities :
Some links to related information: