ITALY & GREECE
12 Day Tour from Rome to Athens
- Shown in UPPERCASE in the tour description including admission charges where applicable.
- Visits to Pisa, Verona, Venice, Ravenna, Olympia, Corinth Canal
- Local Guides for city sightseeing in Rome, Florence, Mycenae, Athens. Professional Tour Director while touring
Discover two vibrant Mediterranean countries on one exciting vacation. Begin in Rome with two overnights and guided sightseeing that visits the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. Next, follow the coastline of the Tyrrhenian Sea to marvel at Pisa’s Leaning Tower. Spend two nights in Tuscany with Florence, “Cradle of the Renaissance,” and join the included walking tour of the historical center. In Verona, see Juliet’s famous balcony; in Venice, enjoy a canal boat ride to St. Mark’s Square and marvel at the elaborate architecture. In Ancona, board an overnight ferry to Greece. Visit Olympia and the impressive Mycenae archaeological site, and see the Corinth Canal. Conclude your journey with a stay in Athens, where the Acropolis is a highlight of the included sightseeing tour.
For more information please contact HEERA at:
Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Italy’s ancient capital. This evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. ROME Residence Parco Tirreno (ST).
Included sightseeing with a Local Guide starts in ST. PETER’S SQUARE, followed by a visit to the ROMAN FORUM and the mighty COLOSSEUM. (B) ROME Residence Parco Tirreno (ST).
Vistas of undulating hills, austere rows of cypress trees, terraced vineyards, olive groves, and rural villages form the backdrop of your journey through beautiful Tuscany. Take a break in Pisa to see the SQUARE OF MIRACLES and the amazing Leaning Tower, then on to the Florence area. End the day by joining the optional Tuscan dinner in a typical restaurant. (B) ROME Residence Parco Tirreno (ST).
This Renaissance gem and city of the Medicis will keep you enthralled the entire day. Traffic is banned in part of the historic center so visitors can wander at leisure and admire the city’s timeless beauty in relative peace and quiet. Don’t miss out on the included walking tour with a Local Guide, which features most of the city highlights. You will see Piazza Santa Croce; beautiful Piazza Signoria; Palazzo Vecchio and its courtyard; Loggia dei Lanzi; and, to top it all, Piazza del Duomo and its cathedral with the Giotto Campanile, and the magnificent East Door of the Baptistry, known as the “Gate of Paradise.” Tonight, enjoy a special dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) FLORENCE AREA Meridiana (ST).
An interesting journey today northwards for a first stop in enchanting Verona to see the legendary balcony from Romeo and Juliet. Just a few more miles eastwards to Venice. (B) FLORENCE AREA Meridiana (ST).
Venice is more like a marvelous film set than a real live city, with its criss-crossing canals, gondolas and water buses, arched bridges, palaces, and quiet little piazzas. The included orientation starts with a BOAT RIDE and is followed by time at leisure and a chance to watch Venetian GLASSBLOWERS fashion their delicate objects as they did centuries ago. Don’t miss out on the optional gondola trip, gliding along the picturesque canals with a local troubadour to serenade you. (B,D) VENICE AREA Antony Palace (F) at Marcon or Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera.
Start the day by journeying across the flatlands of the Po Delta to medieval Ravenna. Next, reach Ancona on the shores of the Adriatic. This afternoon, embark on the ferry for the crossing to Patras. (B) VENICE AREA Antony Palace (F) at Marcon or Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera.
Plenty of time to enjoy all the ship’s facilities. Disembark this afternoon in Patras. Drive south into the Peloponnese for an overnight in Olympia. (B,D) VENICE AREA Antony Palace (F) at Marcon or Holiday Inn (ST) at Marghera.
Make the most of this morning by taking the optional tour of the sights of ancient Olympia, including the ruins of the Temple of Zeus. In the afternoon, enjoy the rugged scenery of the Peloponnese on the way via Tripolis to Nauplia. This evening, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D) OLYMPIA Olympia Palace (F).
Morning visit with a Local Guide to the impressive ruins of MYCENAE. .Later, stop to view the CORINTH CANAL, which was built between 1881 and 1893. (B) NAUPLIA Rex (ST) or Victoria (ST).
Join the included sightseeing tour of Athens, featuring the highlights of the ancient capital and a visit to the ACROPOLIS. Explore the shops and museums or take a trip to the coast to swim. In the evening, enjoy the lively atmosphere of the tavernas and nightclubs in the old Plaka district with its narrow streets and sound of bouzouki music, or join an optional Greek dinner. (B) ATHENS Acropolis Select (ST).
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B) ATHENS Acropolis Select (ST).
Prices are calculated per person as following:
- Adult Price: USD 2089 per person
- Child Price: USD 1881 per person
Supplement for single room on land:
No triple room reduction.
Rome Arrival Transfer Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport:
$25.00 per person
Athens Departure Transfer Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport:
$25.00 per person
Based on the same arrival & departure date.
prices may vary in case of extra nights.
please call for the exact pricinig.
Cash,Credit cards and Bank transfers.
You may confirm this reservation with a $750.00 non-refundable deposit.
Following items are included in the price and you will not charge for them:
- Buffet breakfasts; 4 dinners, including a dinner at a local restaurant in Florence and Nauplia
Price Does Not Include:
Following items are not included in the price and you may have to pay it:
- Visas and vaccinations.
- Laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant)
- Additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary.
- Travel Protection premiums.
- Transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; porterage at airports or train stations.
- The price listed does not include your airfare.
Please read the policies carefully. This section contains important information.
* MEALS: Buffet breakfasts; 4 dinners, including a dinner at a local restaurant in Florence and Nauplia
* VALID FOR: Minimum 2 person travelling together.
* AIRPORT TRANSFER TIMES & FLIGHT WINDOWS:
Rome Arrival Rome - Leonardo da Vinci (Fiumicino) Airport - 7:00 AM - 8:30 PM
SET TRANSFERS AT 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:00pm & 9:00pm
Athens Departure Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport - 24 hours daily
* CHILD POLICIES: Children ages between 0 to 7 are not allowed in this vacation.
* : Children ages 8 to 17 on the date of departure are welcomed if accompanied by an adult.
* STANDARD CANCELLATION FEES FOR ESCORTED AND INDEPENDENT VACATIONS: 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20%
21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30%
7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50%
On departure day and later: 100%
You might find some useful information here:
* NOTE: Single accommodation not available on Ancona-Patras ferry; singles will be asked to share.
Some links to related information: